T/E/S Engineering is made up of experienced designers, dedicated engineers, professional project managers, skilled support staff, and ambitious salespeople. We are a growing consulting engineering firm in Westlake. Multiple-time winner of the NorthCoast99 Award for best places to work, winner of the Leading-Edge Award, and 5-time winners of the Inc.5000 Fastest-Growing Companies. We design the mechanical, electrical, and plumbing systems that make buildings live and breathe for the people who use them. Our clients are diverse and include many that are high-profile national accounts. Our client sectors primarily include Food Service, Retail, Office, Hospitality, Assisted Living, Childcare, K-12, Industrial, Institutional, and Entertainment.
Our company does things differently. Our culture allows us to accomplish exceptional customer focus while sustaining a strong team with strong people – both in and out of the office. We’ve established a few practices to reflect our passion, please see our Recruiting Handbook for further details.
PLUMBING DESIGN ENGINEER
We seek a qualified Plumbing Design Engineer who shares our beliefs about client service to join our Mechanical Engineering department.
Design domestic water, sanitary and vent, grease waste, oil waste, storm, compressed air, and gas piping systems; including code research, calculations, pipe sizing, isometric diagrams, drawing details, and specification development for commercial buildings.
Design performance-based fire protection systems for commercial buildings. This includes sizing incoming service, sizing and selecting a fire pump, coordinating incoming service location and fire main routing, and writing performance specifications.
Research and understand local, state, and federal plumbing, building, and fire codes and standards.
Utilize AutoCAD and Revit programs to generate plumbing construction documents.
Ability to coordinate and work through the SD, DD, and CD levels of design.
Effectively and proactively communicate with project managers, project engineers, architects, field foremen, and code authority officials during the design and construction process.
- Work with a senior-level engineer to produce high-quality construction documents.
- Coordinate plumbing systems with architectural, ductwork, mechanical equipment, other trades, and structural elements of the building.
- Travel to perform site surveys before, during, and after design and construction.
- Perform construction administration tasks such as reviewing submittals and responding to RFI’s.
- 0-4 years of experience as a Mechanical Engineer or Mechanical Designer designing plumbing systems for commercial buildings.
- Ability to understand pump curves.
- Ability to understand and apply the principles of fluid dynamics and thermodynamics to plumbing systems.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to collaborate and work alongside others on a project team.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office programs such as Word and Excel.
- Proficient with PDF document programs such as Adobe and Bluebeam.
- Desire to improve skills and grow professionally within the industry.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical or Architectural Engineering.
- Passed the Fundamentals of Engineering Exam.
- Experience with using Revit and AutoCAD.
- Active participating member in ASPE and attends local ASPE Chapter meetings regularly.
We offer very competitive compensation, a variety of generous benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Paid Life, and AD&D as well as Paid Short- and Long-Term Disability and more. Paid time off includes Vacation, Holiday, Sick, Paternity Leave, Personal and Jury Duty.
To apply in confidence, please send us your resume in Word format, along with your current salary or desired salary range to Anita Kacher email@example.com
We are an equal opportunity employer.